Skip to content
We’re looking for an usher in Kyleakin
- Ushering in Screen Machine
- The role can be either paid (£9.50 an hour) or done in a volunteer capacity if you prefer
- Please apply by email to email@example.com
- You need to be 18 years or over.
- Usher Duties
- Be present at the Screen Machine 30 minutes before the start of each screening.
- Ensure that all audience members entering the cinema have a valid ticket and meet the appropriate age requirements for that screening unless instructed otherwise by the Operator.
- Be present in the auditorium for the entire duration of all film screenings.
- Ensure that audience members behave in a responsible manner and do not disturb other cinemagoers. Any persistent misbehaviour or dangerous/unlawful activity, any incidents of actual assault, any incidents involving smoke/fire, any incidents of mechanical or structural failure must be reported to the Operator immediately.
- Ensure that all cigarettes, e-cigarettes, cigars and pipes are extinguished prior to entry.
- Ensure that alcoholic beverages are not consumed in the auditorium.
- Sit in an area close to the main entry/exit to assist patrons with the door and to ensure its closure after opening.
- Remain in the auditorium until all patrons have left at the end of the screening.
- Assist the Operator to bag litter after each screening.
- Follow emergency procedures as directed by the Operator, typically directing the audience to both emergency exits during any emergency situation/evacuation. However the Operator will take all final decisions in the event of an emergency.
- Verify and sign a time sheet (supplied by the Operator) for the total number of hours worked (rounded up to the nearest 15 minutes).
We look forward to hearing from you!