Attending Screen Machine
On Monday 18 April, the Scottish Government dropped the legal requirement for cinemagoers to wear a face covering throughout the duration of their visit. With this relaxation, Screen Machine will return to a more pre-Covid service, but we will continue to ensure our auditorium remains a safe place.
- Screen Machine has a top-quality air filtration system that constantly pumps fresh air from outside into the auditorium.
- We employ a cleaning regime in between screenings, and end each day by filling the cinema with a sanitising fog that cleans every surface, nook, and cranny.
- Hand sanitiser will still be available.
- While face coverings are no longer legally required, you are more than welcome to wear one if this will make you feel more comfortable during your visit.
- The headphones provided for hard of hearing or visually impaired customers are cleaned after every use and isolated.
- We ask that you please don’t attend if you are experiencing Covid symptoms.
As it has been over two years since Screen Machine operated a pre-Covid service, you can find the main details below if you need a refresher.
- We are operating at 100% capacity, meaning there will be 78 seats available for every screening: 70 online, and a minimum of 8 on the door.
- Two wheelchair spaces will be reserved up to 48 hours before a film’s screening. Please contact us ahead of time if you would like to use one. If these aren’t booked within 48 hours, we will release them to the public.
- Please contact us ahead of time if you are unable to use the stairs so we can arrange your access via the ramp.
- Tickets are available online 2.5 hours before a film’s scheduled start time. Doors will open 30 minutes before the begins.
- You are allowed to bring drinks and cold food with you, but we ask you to please take your litter away with you.
If An Operator Has to Isolate
Should our operator on duty start experiencing Covid symptoms, or test positive, all screenings scheduled 48 hours after this will be cancelled and refunded. This will give enough time for our other operator to come out to the machine and resume the service. Instead of altering our schedule, we will pick up the tour where we are due to be after the 48 hours. Screen Machine will also be physically closed into its transporting state, which will completely air out the auditorium, and the intervening 48 hours until the next screening will reduce any chance of passing on infection.
If you have any questions, the best way you can contact us is by emailing email@example.com. On weekends, we check emails intermittently and will only reply to urgent requests that cannot wait until Monday morning.
The office phone number is (0131) 550 3734. Due to current circumstances, our office is intermittently occupied throughout each week. There is a switchboard service that can take a message for you, but we can’t guarantee we will respond to it promptly.